Sunday, March 06, 2005

Glenda Anne: I keep this program as simple as I can and it works for me

Well here goes ....

My story started in my mid thirties and lasted for ten years.
Every thing horrible happened to me that possibly could happen.
Accidents because I ended up drinking alone and at home.
Lost so many material things like car license, home, marriage and job along with self respect.

I ended up being told I was one drink away from wet brain and still went out
to try and beat this alcoholism.
Everything happened to me as did happen to others.
Maybe not as bad maybe worse.
I could go into all the horrible disgusting things I ended up doing an being but it would take forever.

The important thing for me is that eventually God stepped into my life and did
for me what I couldn't do for myself. Not to drink.
It all happened at 3 in the morning and that was my usual starting time if there ever was a starting time.
I drank, passed out and drank again.
One day rolled into another and in the end I had no idea where I was or what day it was.
Sometimes I didn't even know if it was sun rise or sun set.

What happened was I awoke and reached down for my drink and I just didn't want it.
Was confused to say the least and scared as well because I knew I was going to go into withdrawal.
Rang the rehab, did 3 weeks and moved on to another rehab for 6 weeks.
Since then I have not had the desire or the need for a drink from that day to this.
Life has given me some hard times but there have been really good times as
well.

I owe all this to God as I understand Him, the program of A.A. and all
who have helped me through in the early days.
My life is something today I never ever thought possible and I am so grateful to be sober today. I keep this program as simple as I can and it works for me.
I am a really basic person with quite a few missing brain cells so it's about all I can do.

Love

Glenda Anne