HOW IT WAS, WHAT HAPPENED, AND HOW IT IS NOW !
Hi everyone I am Janis from Kansis USA, and a very grateful sober alcoholic in recovery today.
How it was.
I started drinking when I was 8.
From then on I thought I found away to live.
I always found a way to get a drink.
See when other kinds where drinking soda or other things.
I always had some alcohol with me.
My parents always had it around. So it was easy to get to.
Older I got more it took.
I took my poor mom through Hell!
See at this point my dad was overseas.
The only way she could handle me was give me tough love.
See her dad was an alcoholic.
So when there was no school she would through me out of the house.
I found out another life the street and gang.
So another part of drinking and fighting.
This went on for years.
What happened.
I ended up in a half way house thinks to the police and court.
Someone there gave me a car.
Me someone that most of the time could not even walk straight most of the time.
This one day I was going down the interstate going about 90mph.
Hit the curve.
That made me think maybe just maybe I needed help.
I went back to my room. Stayed there until this woman came and told me that I was going to a A.A. Meeting. She did not take no for a answer.
That was Sept. 24, 1982.
This started another life.
How it is.
That day I found another family.
The family of A.A..
They told me to keep showing up.
No one every said that to me.
I finally found somewhere I belonged.
I worked the steps, found a spouser, and a home group.
Then the greatest thing of all I found my HP.
God of my understanding.
I let him in my heart and soul.
Today thanks to this Great program, the Big Book, Fellowship and most of all My Loving God.
I have not seen the need to take a drink.
One day at a time.
I now have a real roof over my head.
Food.
And True friends.
It is great today.
Has long has I let My god lead me.
Do his will.
Not mine.
ONE DAY AT A TIME.
Thank You.